Sunset Cruise Port Douglas
Step onboard this authentic Chinese Junk Boat and relax on a Sunset Cruise from Port Douglas.
Setting off from the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, sail out into the Coral Sea as the sun sets. With this beautiful twilight cruise, you will certainly be in for a treat. The views from the teak deck and cushioned lounge area of Shaolin are breathtaking. So take in the nearby mountains, picturesque coastline, adjacent islands, and the world-famous Four Mile beach of Port Douglas.
Along the voyage, the Captain will provide a casual educational and entertaining commentary. With only a small group onboard, there is plenty of space on the deck! As you travel on one of the first classic boats in Port Douglas, soak in the boat’s enchantment and rarity. You will also enjoy the complimentary Yum Cha canapes and a drink! But there are other drinks available for purchase.
Originally built in 1969, the Shaolin was named “Gloria Maris” meaning “Glory of the Sea”. The original owners sailed her around the world on many adventures. So she certainly has a rich history worth sharing! Purchased in the mid-’80s, the new owners brought her to Port Douglas, where she has become an icon of this seaside town.
Delight in the stunning views of the surrounding rainforest mountains and rich mangrove habitat. And evenmaybe even spot an elusive saltwater crocodile!
Lounge on the teak deck, enjoy cushioned seating or the indoor cabin area – all with spectacular scenery on this ‘one of a kind’ Far North Queensland boat tour.
If you want to spend a little more time on the Shaolin, why not spend the day exploring the Low Isles? Check out this Port Douglas Sail and Snorkel tour for more!
What are the best parts of your cruise?
- Port Douglas Coastline
- Authentic Chinese Junk Boat
- Yum Cha Canapes and Drink
And how does your evening look?
- 4:45 pm – Check in directly onboard Shaolin
- 5:00 pm – Cruise the Port Douglas Inlet and surrounding coastline
- 6:30 pm – Return to the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina
So what is Included?
- 1.5 hour Sunset Cruise aboard Shaolin
- Yum Cha Canapes
- One complimentary Beverage
So what is not Included?
- There is a $3.25 per person Marine Levy payable onboard at Check-In
- Additional drinks available for purchase
What to bring
And what will I need to bring?
- Cash or Card for levy and additional purchases onboard.
- Casual Clothing. In the Colder months, it is best to bring a light jacket.
- Comfortable footwear
How to get there
But how will I get there?
The cruise departs from Berth C3, Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina.
- There is a $3.25 per person Levy to pay once on board (Environmental Management Charge)
- Dietary requirements can be catered for, so please notify us of any requirements before travel.
- This tour is suitable for children 4 years and above due to the open nature of the vessel. However, we happily take younger children. Parents are fully responsible for their children while onboard, including when they move around the boat due to a lack of hand railings.
- We cannot take prams on board, and our tour is not suitable for those that are frail or restricted mobility.
- Showers are often experienced during the summer months Jan-March; however, we do have a sheltered saloon area that seats approximately 12-15. We reduce numbers on rainy days to make sure everyone is comfortable.