Port Douglas is the perfect place for sportfishing because of its extensive waterways and the Great Barrier Reef just offshore. Head deeper into the estuary in search of mangrove jack, or pop out to the reef for bigger game.
Get out and cast a line! Anyone from novices to experienced anglers can enjoy estuary or reef fishing while using a variety of fishing methods.
- Enjoy the beautiful surrounds of Port Douglas on this great value Port Douglas Sportfishing tour with all fishing gear included!
- Half-day fishing trip
- Estuary or Reef Sportfishing available
- Target sought-after species: Barramundi, Mangrove Jack, Queenfish, Fingermark, Giant Trevally, Mackerel, Coral Trout, Cobia, Nannygai and more!
- Vessels designed for speed, comfort and stability. Maximum fishing time with less time travelling!
- Excellent half day for kids, adults and families!
- Small, personalised sportfishing tour with a maximum of 6 guests
- Private sportfishing charts for up to 12 guests are also available — contact us for more information!
Half-day share charters run from 8am-12pm and 12:30pm-4:30pm
Seven days a week
- Top-quality fishing gear
- All your bait
- Insect repellant
- Wet weather gear if it is needed
- Coldwater and soft drinks
- EMC (Environmental Management Charge) included in your Port Douglas Sportfishing tour price.
What to bring
- Cash, credit card or your tour voucher
- Hat and sunglasses
- Snacks and BYO alcohol (cans only)
How to get there
Sportfishing tours depart from the Public Pontoon on Ashford Ave, Port Douglas
All trips are of course subject to weather conditions and suitable numbers.
We encourage catch and release in the estuary systems.